LOOK WHAT I GOT FOR MY BIRTHDAY

Quilting Grammy

Hi Connie,

It's just lovely! And what a great son you have. "Treadleon" on yahoo has a member who can date it for you. And Cindy Peters, who is the list admin, has lots of parts (bobbins and belts and stuff) if you need any originals. If you need a manual, check on "ISMACS". If you do a goggle seach, all of these should come up.

I use my Davis VF for piecing, and lately, tried to use the binder, which I  need more practice with. I love to sew with my treadles. 

Happy birthday!

Debbie

I am lucky enough to have the Singer treadle that was used here n the Bernard farm by my husband's grandmother. She loved to patch clothing. I also have a utility, tied quilt made on that machine.

It still works! I find it amusing when your treadling gets out of ray them and you are suddenly sewing backwards! Have fun with your new toy!

Great b-day gift.  I received my grandmother's singer treadle machine when she passed away (1997) and still haven't figured out how to load the bobbins or load them into the machine.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I would like to make at least one quilt on my grandmother's machine.  I remember sitting on the treadle as a baby and being rocked by my grandmother's foot.  I think that's my earliest memory.   Must have been about 2?  The memory is more like a snapshot, but it warms me when I think of it, although I'm sure my grandmother was just wishing I would get out of her way.  lol.

Lora

Look in the "Sewing Machine Shop"  on the treadleon.net site.  There are a couple of links showing how to wind a bobbin and thread the shuttle.

As mentioned by micajah earlier Cindy Peters is a moderator on that site and has a business supplying vintage parts.

Nigel

Nigel -- thanks for the info.  I'll definitely take a look at that website and hopefully learn how to use this wonderful machine.

Now I have to admit something silly.   ..... I thought Treadleon was a brand of treadle machine, like Singer.  I didn't know it was Treadle On as in keep going with your treadle machine.  :wub:   Boy is my face red. Okay, admit it.  There has to be at least one other person out there like me.  .......right?.......???

Archived