Fabric Swap after the first of the year (update guidelines)

Oma

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi...

I haven't time right now to read every post, but thought you might like to tell us how you would like the FQs folded?

I think it will save you lots of time if they are all the same. No refolding for you. Just dealing them into piles.

Forgive me if this has been addressed, I'm trying to get my act together for my migration!

How about the way they are usually folded in the quilt shops?   Fold over long edge to long edge.........then again........then fold in the sides to make a rectangle about 5" x 6" .  Does that make sense to everyone?   It is a compact little bundle and would be easy to pack into a box or envelope.   

Oma, somehow I missed this thread when it started; a death in the family and illness over the holiday might have something to do with that.  Is it too late to join?  I think the rules are clear and I can mail off my fabric before week's end, so no problems there.  However, I live in Alberta and you've stated mailing costs to Canada can be prohibitive, and, of course I can't send you return postage in the form of stamps.  I do have some American cash lying around, so if I have an idea of the amount I can send that. Even though sending cash through the mail isn't recommended I'm willing to take the chance.  Possible??  If not, I'll survive!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Barbara

Barbara C. and Bekah, I need to talk to Corey.  If she is willing to drop out of one of the groups I will drop out of one and that will make a spot for you two. 

Barbara, I am working with Terry from Canada and I'm 99% sure I can get her two groups of fabric (20 FQ) in a package that costs less than $20 to mail to her.  I am willing to work with you too so the Canadian girls can have fun with us.  I never thought about how someone from Canada was going to add return postage...lol.  I'm leery about sending cash in the mail too, but I can take a money order, check and I do have a PayPal account. 

So tentatively you are in the group three.  I will change the previous list and I will contact Corey.

Everyone double check me to make sure I haven't added you too many times or left you out.      

I was wrong.  I made a mistake.  I didn't add a couple of people to two lists.  Now we have four groups, but we need three more people I think. I'm sure we can do that.  Corey and Bonnie that puts you in three groups.  If I read previous posts right that is ok?  Let me know.  Be sure to check this list and make sure I don't have you listed too many times or not at all.  It's late and I'm tired.  :wacko:

Group One:
Oma
Corey
Sue
Cherylannie
Linda R
Jeannie B
Delores
Bonnie
Judith
Dave

Group Two:
Linda R
Oma
Mercedes
Terry
Vickie
Meg
Jean
LaJuana
Barbara
Pat

Group Three:
Corey
Terry
Chris
Bonnie
Carolyn
Linda B
Barbara
Oma
Jeannie B
Pat

Group Four:

Oma

Corey

Bonnie

Jeanne P

Carolyn C

Barbara C

Bekah

Hi Corey, I gave her your third spot so now you and I have two spots.  Please look over the list and see if you see anything I missed.  It's been pretty busy here.  I think we are ok and set for the swap.

Oma, I just want to make sure that I'm not in three groups? Sunday I was in three groups but today I'm in two. It's no problem either way but my third group of fabric is due to arrive today and I don't want to cut it into FQs if I don't need to. If I'm in two, I will mail mine off tomorrow as it's all ready to go. Thanks, Oma!

Thanks so much, Oma and Corey -- very kind of both of you to accommodate a latecomer. 

Money orders and cheques are both a bit iffy.  We pay exchange (of course), but also there's a fairly stiff service fee.  So if you're OK with Paypal, I am.  I've used it before.

Again, thanks.  You've brightened an otherwise dull (and cold) day!

Barbara Conquest 

I was wrong. I made a mistake. I didn't add a couple of people who wanted to do two lists. Now we have four groups, but we need three more people I think. I'm sure we can do that. Corey and Bonnie that puts you in three groups. If I read previous posts right that is ok? Let me know. Be sure to check this list and make sure I don't have you listed too many times or not at all. It's late and I'm tired.

Group One:
Oma
Corey
Sue
Cherylannie
Linda R
Jeannie B
Delores
Bonnie
Jeanne P
Dave

Group Two:
Linda R
Oma
Mercedes
Terry
Vickie
Meg
Jean
LaJuana
Barbara
Pat

Group Three:
Corey
Terry
Chris
Bonnie
Carolyn
Linda B
Barbara
Oma
Jeannie B
Pat

Group Four:
Oma
Corey
Bonnie
Carolyn C
Barbara C
Bekah

Oma I was looking at the guide lines you had in the first post and saw you are sending back one of our own FQ's from the group of 10 if your groups had 11 people in it we would get 10 different FQ's . As a true fabric hoarder  I bought extra of the fabric i sent for my FQ's so don't need any back of my own. That being said what-ever works out for this swap is fine with me. May be something to keep in mind for future swaps. ;)

Archived