Frog quilt

Here is a trick I learned from Myrna. Take a cookie cutter, or trace a picture out of a book like I did, and draw your shape on freezer paper over and over until you have a bunch then cut these out and iron them on. I've done baby handprints, lizards and bugs, and hearts, but I'm sure you can do frogs. Just iron them in various places, stitch around them and join them with a loop and swirl meander.

Thanks Teresa for your suggestions. Actually, I have thought of using the pattern I have for an airplane quilt only using frogs. I didn't have any cute frog patterns though and didn't know if it would be easier to get a completely different pattern or not. I hadn't thought about coloring books. I think I'll try that.

Thanks so much!

DebLou

Like Chickenscratch you can trace on Freezer paper but only one. Layer 4 to 5 or more and freehand with small stitch on your domestic creating holes thru the layers. This is your cutting line for ironing them down. Saves Time

If you don't find thequilt frog pattern you like do an Irish chain or Nine patch with blank blocks ever other block and using green thread stitch around your frog pattern in the open areas. Simple and quick and the frogs just pop out.

Here is a cute frog pattern I am working on. It's lots of fun just trace frongs on fusible and iron on and stitch. I'm using shiny threads and fancy stitches. i like these kind of projects because you can take you paper with you and trace. The pattern is from a book full of all frog patterns that I bought on Ebay called FRog Frenzy. It is from K.P.Kids and Co

Sometime when you are shopping, check out the childrens coloring books and find one that has simple objects. I used to trace the pictures--heaven for bid me cutting anything out of a precious coloring book lol-- Then just trace onto some fabric with Heat and bond stuff and then iron on and satin stitch. It is a really good thing to have especially with kids. I am not a great artist, but it was a good book loaded with ideas...

Just a thought.

Paula in NC

a little off the frog topic, but you can have a child color in a color book and then choose fabrics to match the ones the child chose and then do a pillow or wall hanging or for those adventurous, a whole quilt. The easy way would be to print the picture out on fabric or use that iron on stuff you can print on. Kind of saves a memory for when they are older to pass on. Gonna have to try this myself... Just a thought..

Archived