bobbin winder

Deb34285

I took the advice in this thread and bought a bobbin winder from Quilt Tech. The web site said that it was back ordered, but I ordered it anyway since I was still working my way through the Bobbins that came with Lucey. If I'm not mistaken, the bobbin winder shipped out the next day! You can't beat service like that. But...can anyone recommend a video that shows how to operate it?

sometimes my turbo bobbin winder seems weak. the bobbin winding almost stops. is there an adjustment to make it stronger. I notice there are two screws with slide notches.thanks for any help. Carol

Carol, contact Amy at APQS Service.  You may need to replace your "O" ring.  Amy can assist with adjustments needed to get your turbo winder back up to full speed!!

I have the APQS Turbo winder and would buy it again in a minute..  tension for winding is adjustable, so it makes for better quality in the stitching.

Tight then loose winding is always a problem with my Lenni, Vikings and my "Burnette that Janome made for Bernina.  My Singer 99K and the featherweight are not tollerant at all, and the New Home with the chatter bobbin is a whole different ball game.  The Wizzard also is affected by unevenly wound bobbins.

Just my experience.

I had a Sidewinder, and couldn't stand it.   Cheap, and can be very faulty for bobbing winding for these big

APQS machines.   I have the side winder and wouldn't giv it up before I'm unable to use it.

It is fast, consistant and really a small price for a machine that will last many years.

Gewtyaway!  Getaway., you can't hav emy turbo winder.

Shoo, Scoot, Go!!!  Now where can I hide it?  lol

Merry Christmas

Quilting Regina

If it is not winding tight enough just tighten the knob and try it until you are happy.  All the winders I've ever seen that are this style have a screw holding the tension to the base.  Loosen the screw and move the tension assembly in or out as needed to get the thread to wind evenly on the bobbin.

Nigel

Hi Regina,

I agree with Nigel.

If you continue to have problems with winding your bobbins call Ray at Quilt Tech back and he will walk through the adjustments. I have been very happy with my winder once I got settled in and got the hang of using it. The only thing I can think of is that maybe your are not "flossing" the thread in between the tension discs and getting wonky tension? When I first got my winder it kept popping out of the discs causing irregular tension when winding - I think it wasn't firmly in place - just a thought.

Debbie

Archived