Hi!

I realize I have a couple of small places on my rails

that are slightly dented. Of course it is just enough that it affects my handing in those

two spots. The machine had been owned a few times,

so no telling how or when. I have been told it could be fixed or smoothed

with a liquid weld. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Thank you in advance!!

Sharon

Sharon:  It probably depends on how badly the rails are damaged.  If the dings are small, filing and sanding the rails would probably do.  If they are large with material missing, filling in the missing areas with liquid weld would be necessary.  I have no experience this type repair.  I have however, used JB Weld for other things with good results.  The issue you would encounter is smoothing the repair so that it perfectly matched what it replaced.

I think I'd begin with file and sandpaper.  Try to smooth the area out, then test how your machine moves.  Repeat this until you've overcome the problem, or until you know it cannot be fixed without adding material.  When you use sandpaper, use a stiff block, or wrap the file with it to make sure your repair is flat with the adjacent areas.  Good luck.  Jim

Hoping you can repair the dings. But if the rails are so damaged that they aren't fixable, put out a call for anyone that has older rails left after getting the Bliss rails. If you only need one rail, that may be an easy solution. See what the rail weighs and offer clean scrap-aluminum prices for the purchase of the rail. Hoping someone close to you can help, so shipping costs won't be prohibitive.

Archived