Bobbin problems and getting started

Battynurse

I'm not sure if I'm having bobbin problems or not. I got my ultimateII all set up correctly. I've threaded the machine and it looks all right. However I can't seem to pull up the bobbin thread and I think it's because the case doesn't slide all the way into the housing. I don't even know if I'm explaining that right but shouldn't the front of the bobbin be even with the housing and not stick out? I took a picture but I'm not sure how well it can be seen.

post-62078-0-60085400-1436306058_thumb.jpg

You are right in that the bobbin case has not been pushed in far enough.  You should hear a very distinct click when in snaps into place.  It does look like you have the bobbin case oriented correctly, just give it another push.

Carol

Again, without a bobbin in the case, can you hold the release lever up and push the bobbin case in until it is fully seated in the hook area?  You normally do not do this, but it might help you figure things out.

If not, I might suggest posting a picture of the bobbin case.  Maybe someone can tell from the photo if it is the proper bobbin case.  Though I find it hard to believe the seller would have sent you the wrong bobbin case.

Cagey

It does not look like either of the two bobbin cases found on the APQS website.  It may be an older version, but I do not know.  The case does not look like the one I have in my George.  I would suggest contacting APQS via e-mail and send them a photo of the bobbin case and the other photos you have.  That way the true system experts can tell you what the problem might be.  

I might also suggest you call the seller and ask them, what gives.  If they were using the machine, I would expect them to tell you what may be the problem.

While it will take a bit of time, I am sure APQS will have you up and running in no time.   Sorry I could not help more.  It's beyond my knowledge level.

Cagey

I would first clean the entire bobbin housing area. The entire area is full of lint and stuff. Also, the picture of your just bobbin case, at the top of it you have a little metal hook. I do not have that on any of my bobbin cases. Does anyone else? Could this be the reason she is having an issue getting her bobbin in?

As they say, you cannot truly be too polite.  I had problems with my George when I first got it, so I understand.  In a day or two, I believe you will be fully up and running with no problems.  Amy or Dawn will fix you up good as new.  It just sucks that you cannot use your new toy.  Best of luck with quilting your heart out in the morning.  Let us know how things work out.

One other thing.  Did you get a L sized TOWA gauge when you purchased your new baby?  If so, see if you can get the bobbin case to fit on the TOWA gauge.  If it fits the gauge, it should fit the machine.

Cagey

I did not get a TOWA gauge, not sure what that is?

I did clean the entire bobbin housing area after I looked at my own picture and saw all the lint myself. Thanks for the suggestion Sharon.

Lol Janice. But I can't. I will try in the morning though and will email APQS tonight before I go to bed and maybe I will have an answer waiting in the morning.

Archived