breaking thread

Text Black Please help. :( I have been working at this for over an hour. I did 1 1/2 quilts this morning and half way through the last one I was getting batting pokies which usually means 'change the needle.' No problem - I did. Then.....my thread kept breaking every two stitches. I thought, maybe something happened in the past 10 seconds in changing my needle that my machine went wacko. It was sewing beautifully before the needle change. I tried another needle - same thing. I checked all my tension, rethreaded. Rechecked my bobbin tension, tried a new bobbin and it still breaks, but now it gives me three to four stitches before severing. What is my problem????:(

When the batting starts popping through the back we call that "bearding"..usually this is caused by the batting itself, being too dense. Sometimes changing the needle will help,but not always. Now as far as the thread breakage...I would still try another needle and also try putting some other material and batting to see if that will work. The whole problem may be the batting. Also try and change the thread, just to make sure you don't have a bad cone. If you still fight it don't hesitate to call us a (800) 426-7233 ext.#6. Good luck!

Mark

In response to Mark's response - it quilted the first half of the quilt beautifully - no problems. Nothing changed except changing the needle twice and the same problem happened both times. I just didn't know why the thread would keep breaking. I will keep working with it. Thank you for your help.

Archived