Need some luck today

Hi All,

I am breathing deeply and calmly before I begin todays quilt. It is 95"x95" and the top is 100% silk!!! Also praying that the thread I have on hand will work. Had some So Fine ordered that was backordered. But the owners need it sent by tomorrow so will just have to keep going and continue to pray. If it is at all presentable I will post a pic. Please think good thoughts as this is supposed to be on display at Quilt Market in May.

LOTS of good luck to you, Sue! I'm very sure you will do great on this quilt. You are paying more attention because it's silk, so it probably will turn out the best yet. Post a pic regardless of your assessment, as I'm sure it will look beautiful no matter what, and we'd love to see a silk quilt. Break a leg!

Sharon,

Thank you for the offer. Only problem is I got the top at nine last night and it needs to be completed today so it can be bound and shipped by noon tomorrow to arrive Monday in CA. Not like there is any pressure. I am now waiting for input from CA as because it is silk and all pieces bias all the seams will not remain straight at the same time and they originally wanted it stitched in the ditch.

Anyone have any ideas???

post--13461897981295_thumb.jpg

Did I hear (read) that right?? All pieces bias??? What on EARTH were they thinking? For a laugh you can go on over to my bias discussion earlier, not that it will help you any, LOL! Just give you a (possibly) much needed break in the day. Again, lots of luck to you!

Sue....first off this quilt would cause any saint to run for the hills....OMG, to get it at 9p and needs to ship at 12N.....you have a kind heart....my first thought was be of a poster I use to have in my office when I was a Administraive Coordinator for 48 sales people....it was of a tiny mouse looking up at a eagle flying down to eat him. The saying was this: "It's hard to fly with eagles when you work with turkeys"

....in short, YOU WANT IT WHEN?

On these type of rush jobs you get an all over design...stipple, edge to edge or something simple....nothing fancy and nothing complicated....Again Sue, you have a kind heart. I hope it went well for you.

I recently had one similar to this design with the bias strips made from a very light weight home spun type fabric. One end of the quilt was about six inches wider than the other end and the center was a good 1 1/2" narrower than that. It was something she had picked up at a second hand store and she wasn't really crazy about it to start with but she wanted to be able to use it. I just did a puzzle meander design by Dave Hudson. It turned out pretty good, not too puckery at the bottom where I had to ease in the extra fullness.

Sorry all. How did I put it in the Gadgets forum? Anyway, yes I did survive and if you don't look close it was okay. As April said of her quilt, this one also had different top and bottom measurements and right and left side measurements. I think we found out why no one has put out a line of quilters silks.

I think it turned out really pretty. That said, I wonder if you foundation pieced the silk then that would stabilize the blocks and wouldn't be all wonky? Maybe if they do ever come up with "quilters' silks" they can make a special light weight stabilizer we can iron on the back and then we can just cut and start piecing the blocks, and after the top is done, the stabilizer would work easily during the longarm quilting process, too? As you can obviously tell, I'm really new to this so stuff (especialy anything like silks) so perhaps you all already do this....?

Archived