Just set up our new machine, and notice there is a dust collection that has 'static clinged' to the new plastic of the pantograph cover. (I believe this collection occurred from us walking by the table inserts as it was leaning against the wall. We have rug.) I've tried to wipe this away, but can't seem to get rid of the particles that are left. My concern is that these will work their way into the brushes, along the track. What have you used to de static your panto plastic? We live in a very dry climate, unfortunately. Thanks for your input  :)

You could probably use the sort of anti static spray they offer for TV and computer screens, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.  If it's statically charged, it will stay stuck to the plastic LOL.  You're going to encounter a lot of cotton dust as you sew.  It will build up on the machine and rails.  A lot of people mistake this dust for oxidation.  You just need to clean it off regularly.  Jim 

I am not sure if it will work in this situation, but you could ground your machine just like you do when you work on computers.  I am not sure how your machine is connected to the electrical grid, but you can find power cords that have external ground connectors.  You could connect that ground to your table which should keep the static electricity from building up in your plastic boards.  

Cagey

Archived