Here is my last scrap quilt finished it today Love how bright it is. This was a challenge in 2012 on the internet to make a house a day for the year it is called 365 houses. My friend and I challenged ourselves last Dec to complete this quilt by Dec 12 2015....I am happy to say both of us are done, this quilt has 7875 plus scraps in it. and the house block measures 3" square with 18 pieces in it. I put something in every window, That was a challenge in itself because the windows are just under an Inch square. I stitched in the ditch around all of the features in the houses That was so worth it it looks gret I think.Thanks for looking I hope you enjoy. pieced and quilted by Terry Rowland Oct 2015 The inspiration for this project was from this sitehttp://buildinghousesfromscraps.blogspot.ca/ I drafted up my own paper pieced pattern to make the houses by using graph paper. Hope this helps11219232_915039285256901_70304982095127412080259_915216308572532_913340877162400

I love this.  What a great way to make quilt blocks.  I might try a one a day schedule.  Maybe I would actually get some finished.

I started out saying I would make two a day got up in the morning and made two blocks some mornings I actually did 5 so on the days I just could not because life got in the way I was not behind. So I was able to get it done completly in our time frame and I must say that feels great

Thanks everybody.

and Sheri there are 4 other double blocks in the quilt

a barn, a two story house, a quilt store, and the Canadian flag.

The church is more prominent due to the light grey color I made it out of.

This was a lot of fun and I have every color from bight to dull and light to dark.

I think they play well together, in a strange sort of way

Archived