One stitch freezes

I have a new Lucey, I have had it a couple of months. It just started this problem, when I push the one stitch button and the needle goes down into the fabric it freezes. It won't go down all the way and stop, the machine is still running trying to complete the stitch. Its like it is straining to make it down into the material. Then after a few seconds it will complete. Does anyone know what is going on?

HI.

I don't know what you have under the needle....but when I was learning to stitch in the ditch, I sometimes would use my single stitch to tie on and off....and what I learned was that if I was right in the ditch where there was a bunch of fabric from crossing seams,  the single stitch didn't have enough power to go through....if I was in regular running mode, it would do it just fine....so I learned not to stitch right at those really thick spots of multiple layers of fabric with my single stitch....is it just on this quilt that it has been doing it....what are you using as backing, fabric on top?  what size needle?  Does it stitch just fine on other materials or is it on all?  Other folks may have some other ideas....Lin

I am using a size 4 needle, this was my first quilt which was not thick at all. i had a practice sandwich on first and had no problem with it. I will load the next quilt and see what happens. Thanks so much for everyone's help.

Lynda

Archived