smdaigle

Road show, test drive Millie,driving distance from SW Louisiana

I am seriously interested in getting a Millie. I want to test drive one first and I heard the best way to do so is at a Road Show. I live in SW Louisiana and will drive a couple hours or so.

Thank You

Susie

You should check with our local guild and find if anyone in the area has a Millie that they will let your play with.  I know that my local longarmer let me bring by a quilt sandwich.  She showed me all kinds of wonderful new ideas and ways to mark my quilts, fix booboos, and some wonderful new designs.  I learned a lot, and better yet go to know a fellow quilter.  She did not have an issue I had a George, it all translates to turning out better quilts when your done.

Best of luck shopping for your new toy.

Cagey

May your threads be balanced, and your bobbin forever full….

In my opinion, a Road Show is the way to go.  For one thing, you can try all the machines and compare them in one place--and they will let you see just what options are important to you too--also, there is often a big discount for folks who purchase at a road show.  I know I saved thousands, and also got free shipping.  I was determined to buy a smaller machine, but after using them all, I was convinced that the Millie was the way to go, and I'm so glad I did.  Love it.  There are road show schedules on the home page of the APQS site, so check them out.  I ended up driving from Chicago to Davenport Iowa (about 4 hours) for a road show, and it was worth it!  You might even find it worth the cost to get a discount airline ticket to fly to a road show.