Pre-printed wholecloth designs are usually offered on white or cream fabric, as you've found out. An option would be to purchase a paper pattern that you then transfer the design yourself to your chosen fabric. You will need a lightbox with a strong enough light to show through the fabric. Darkening the design with a Sharpie can help with the tracing. Use a blue water-erase pen for the marking so the lines don't fade. Then after quilting the marks are soaked to remove. That's quite a hand-quilting project---I love the French boutis quilts. Usually made of one fabric and beautiful!

I googled this and there is one site I found that does offer other colors. Plain & Simple Quilts have blues and lavender and will do custom colors. I did not research it further for prices or reviews, but hopefully this will help. Good luck! The website is plainandsimplequilts.com/whole cloth.

You could dye the quilt after the quilting is done.  You would dye a test sample with the same fabric as the quilt to assure it is the color that you want, and I would test before quilting.  Cotton thread would take the dye but polyester would not.  If using polyester thread then use same color as you want the quilt to be.

Archived