My first attempt! Loaded 5 yards of muslin, then didn't know what to do. Stitched out a feather. It can only get better from here!

post-391-0-46924100-1455671048_thumb.jpeg

Mary Beth 

Powered by 2009 Freedom

Future winner of the Millie Sweepstakes

http://marysnutshell.blogspot.com/

I am glad to see you using your new baby.  I am sure getting started is difficult, but it is probably like riding a bike...once you learn, you you never forget how to do it.  Keep up the great work.  Have fun playing around, and get ready for that first new quilt top.  I for one am looking forward to seeing it.

Cagey

May your threads be balanced, and your bobbin forever full….

Seriously....i think its the getting used to the Bliss...cuz it looks FANTASTIC!  a few more hours on that machine, and you will have it nailed!

Happy 4 U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F55CA928B31BF9D50E35FB71F402EFB1.png Millennium/Circle Lord 402-450-8321 Designer of the 1/2" foot for Ult II's. 1sheributler@gmail.com

Thank you all. Going to work on mastering the circles, all different sizes, then take if from there. I feel like when I am comfortable with round circles, I will be there. 

Mary Beth 

Powered by 2009 Freedom

Looks like you are doing fine to me. I am still practicing with feathers and still have not mastered them. It looks like I might never master them but having fun with my Lenni. I do not have the bliss table but I am hoping that it will not keep me from mastering the feathers.

Glad you are back to quilting.

You will master the feathers. I didn't have Bliss on my Millie, and I could do them. I found tat drawing them on paper helped. I think it was Sherry Rogers-Harrison who has a book with an overlay and you could trace the feathers. that helped me "get it".

Mary Beth 

Powered by 2009 Freedom

Thank you Mary Beth for the encouragement. I have been drawing them and I do alright going one way but when I change directions is where I have the problem. I will keep on drawing them and hope it catches on. I also have a couple pantos of feathers and I will use those too.

Yes, me too. I start my vein at the base, go to the top and make a plumb. Back down the spine/vein. Start my feathers on one side, till I get to the top, then back down, and feather up the other side. I am going to work on not so many trips up and down the spine.

Mary Beth