Fix or Replace my APQS Freedom?

I have a 2007 APQS Freedom without stitch regulation. I purchased it right before they started putting stitch regulators on all Freedoms. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the machine, it runs wonderfully.

Is it possible to add on stitch regulation? 

if so, I am debating....should i invest the money to add it to this machine or would I be better off purchasing a different machine that has it on it already ( new or used it doesnt really matter to me)???

Please respond with any input you have on this subject. Thanks!

My machine is used by a couple different people. I am only looking into it to help the others that use my machine. It is used for business and stitches need to look good regardless of who is using the machine. I am trying to get all the quilts to have similar stitching on them, I dont require stitch regulation for myself, but it could be useful to the others.

Ok, I have been waiting for someone else to help you. Since they have not, I'll give it a shot. I would think eventually you will want to upgrade. If you are running a business, and need consistency, I would say it is a must. The computer system can be added any time, so if you aren't ready for that investment, you could do it later. If you have a lot of business, the computer system will help. If you don't have Bliss, I recommend it. If you buy a machine at a show, you usually get a great deal. There! That was my two cents.

If it were me, I would look into trading in your head for a newer used head, Lucy, Freedom, or Millie, all 26 inch throats. You just keep adding bells and whistles as you go up the ladder. I'm in the process of getting the computer as well. APQS does have a reasonable price on Quilt Path. It works with the stitch regulated machines. You can add it at any time if you want to do it in steps!

The bliss is great, but if you're going for a computer and won't be doing freehand very much, then I wouldn't think it was a "must." Especially if you are trying to keep costs down. On the other hand, if you will be still doing freehand, the bliss is wonderful! They do have good used machines where you can add it for $1000, instead of getting a new head, then a bliss upgrade on top. You may be better off to sell the system and buy a new to you used one! Or check out the ads. You do get a warranty with a used machine purchased from APQS. I guess you just have to sit down and weigh all the info. to be able to decide the best route that works for you.

Archived