thread breaking

I have a 2011 Lucey and recently have been having problems with the thread breaking. It started on a customers quilt that had a heavier fabric backing. I would meander 10- 20" and then the thread would break. Since that quilt i put a cotton front and back and the thread still breaks. I have rethread the machine tried a different thread on top and bottom, oiled it and it still does this. Anyother suggestions?

Have you done a thorough cleaning on your machine? That includes blowing all the lint out (could be leftover from that customer quilt!), then spraying in WD40, spinning it out and wiping, then re-oiling. If that didn't do it, try soaking your hook assembly with WD40, maybe even overnight, then cleaning again. You may have stray threads down in your hook.

Diamond68

I don't think Barb was suggesting removing the hook. I think she was more likely meant giving the hook a good spraying with the WD40 and letting it sit overnight. If you remove the hook then you are into timing and that can be a little unnerving the first time, eventually you will have to master that task though.

Pigtails do wear fairly quickly if you do a lot of quilting, Brenda's machine would sometimes get them changed in as little as six months.

Nigel

Archived