Tension problems

Sheila S.

I am having a terrible time with the tension on my Lenni. My top tension is like a railroad track and I have loosened the top tension as much as I dare too but it still does not look right and I can see the top of the bobbin thread. I just do not know what else to do. HELP

Sheila

Also make sure there is no lint under the tension finger on the bobbin case that can play havoc with your tension. If that is clean and passes the drop test retread the machine maybe the thread has doubled around a guide or tension assembly causing extra top tension I've had it happen after a thread break.

Nigel

I was trying to get good tension on my Lucey using OMNI on top and So Fine in the bobbin....sounds like it should be simple.  right?  anyway....what I finally did was to thread the OMNI using only two of the holes on that thread guide...worked like a charm....I just think now that I will mainly adjust my bobbin thread to where I like it using the drop test and then mess with the top tension or thread path....I will see how that goes!  I do want to use a lot of different threads eventually.  Lin

Keep notes on how you run your thread and set your bobbin tension, so you can return to the same setup in the future.  After a few months of not using a particular thread, you may forget how you had it configured for balanced tension.  

Cagey

Thank you all for the good suggestions, I appreciate them all. I did tighten the bobbin tension and it is better but not sure if it is perfect yet. I will keep trying to get it perfect. Gagey, thanks for the suggestion of keeping notes, I will certainly do that so I can refer to the notes because I do forget things.

Archived