Sewing problems with ultimate II

I haven't had much time to sew the last few months between work, taking classes to finish my BSN, surgery and moving. I moved in January and have a whole room just for my long arm which is great. Several weeks ago I put some practice fabric on and all was fine. Today I got a quilt top loaded on and got ready to sew. When I turned the power on to the table the machine started sewing without me touching the power button. By the time I stopped it I had knots in the bobbin casing. I thought I had got all the thread out but finally see a small bit I can't seem to pull out and now it won't bring the thread up from the bobbin. Is this a timing issue again? I'm honestly at the point where I'm ready to sell the machine. When it works, it works beautifully but when it doesn't I tend to get frustrated and walk away, then it takes me weeks before I get the urge to work on it again. I feel like I made a mistake in buying an older machine and I'm tired of working on it (I've reset my timing at least 5 or 6 times now in less than a year). Also any input on pricing info if I did try to sell the machine?

Amy has a wonderful timing video ,on-line. to watch. I've timed my own machine. I bought a used MILLIE AND EVERYTIME I HAD TO RETIME ,IT GOT OLD. I WATCHED HER VIDEO AND I'VE FINALLY GOT THE SWEET SPOT. NOW IT HAS STAYED FOR ABOUT 3 YRS.i HAVE QUILTED FOR OTHERS FOR 21 YEARS. I HAVE OWNED 2 ULTIMATE ll  AND LOVE THEM.

I've watched and used the video on timing. I've timed the machine several times. I've also changed out the speed switch and motor and put new leaders on with leader grips. I'd really like to just be able to sew without having to work on the machine first.

Please, please, please, give a call to APQS Service - it may be a problem somewhere else that is throwing your timing off!  I had a customer who had retimed and retimed - and even had a serviceman come out and work on her machine.  It turned out that the mag collar at the back of her head wasn't staying in place, due to loose set screws, so that the timing would go back out again.  I'm not saying that your problem is as easily solved as hers, but it just might be.  Give the experts a chance to help you before you turn your poor machine into a boat anchor!!

Archived