Accounting Program

I'm just getting ready to set up my machine and start my business. I'm considering 3 accounting programs. Machine Quilters Business Manager, Quilters Business Suite and QuickBooks Pro. They all cost about the same. Has anyone had success with the programs working well to track the information in our business? .;)

I use Machine Quilters Business Manager and really like it.

Others like the QuickBook Pro you mentioned.

Quilters business Manager is geared to Longarm quilting and very user friendly. It is very easy to set up your pricing structure and I like that all the quilts for one customer can be found in their very own place. You can also import a pic of the quilt that you did and add your logo to a receipt.

Attached is a DUMMY receipt that shows many of the different charges. I used FAKE numbers just to show you an example of what it looks like.

Hope I didn't make the photo too large. Just wanted you to be able to see it.

I also use the Machine Quilters Business Program by Eureka Documentation. My accountant is very pleased with the information I can generate with it for doing our taxes at the end of the year. I think it looks very professional for the customer and it's easy to use.

On the other hand, I have no experience with any other type of program so you'll have to go elsewhere for comparisons.

Congratulations on your new business venture.

~~ Eva H.

Grammie;

Thanks for the picture of the invoice, it looks great!!! I haven't come up with a logo yet. In fact, my Millie isn't even set up yet, still waiting for the hydraulic lifts to come.

Eva, it's nice to know that the accountant is pleased with the info from it.

Linda

I use Quickbooks Pro only because my former accountant wanted me to. I have not been using it to it's fullest potential so I took a class offered through the Univ. of MO Extension office, wow, can't wait to start using this thing like I am suppose to. I hate numbers, by the way, just so you'll know where I am coming from.

Archived