Best thread for APQS?

I am a new APQS owner after having a Gammill for 15 years. I never messed with tension much so I was just curious which threads you've had the most success with. I've used Perma Core in my Gammill and it worked great but I've heard great things about the magma glide prewounds and Glide thread. Any advice is greatly appreciated!! I am one who doesn't mess with something once it works so I'm looking for a good combo. I also rent my machines out and quilt for the public.

I use superBob bobbins from Superior Threads most of the time. I like Glide thread a lot, but I also use Superior Threads' Omni thread and Aurifil thread in my Millie with no problems at all. I have had problems using Superior's "King Tut" thread, but if I take the time to adjust tension and thread path, I can get beautiful results from that thread too. I have a couple hundred magna glide bobbins, but haven't used them yet.

If you are having tension issues, you may also want to change how you run the thread through the guide holes.  I changed how I ran the thread on my George after Amy listened to my problems and my machine while I was quilting.  Since then, I have been able to change thread types with simple tweaks of the top and bottom tensions.  Before that, I was having all kinds of issues with tension, and at times thread breaks.  It was not much fun starting out this way with the new baby.  Now I could not be happier about buying George.  I might also suggest taking a picture of how you run the thread just incase the thread is accidentally pulled out of its normal pathway.  Best of luck to you.

Cagey

I mostly use Superior's So Fine 50, Omni and occasionally So Fine 40. Though I have a cupboard full of Glide I don't use it much anymore because I get too much shredding. I spend too much time trying to troubleshoot and fix a problem when I don't have the same issue with SF 50. I still use glide classic pre-wound bobbins but prefer to wind my own using Superior's Bottomline.

Leslie

Magna Glide bobbins  - Classic and Delights.............Glide thread, Superior Threads.........So Fine (all of them), Omni, Fantastico,  No luck with King Tut...........haven't had a chance to try it since I got my new Milly, but have a spool to see how it goes as soon as I finish the quilt I have on the frame now. 

Archived