Straight line quilting

Lizbeth

When you do straight line quilting with rulers, and you quilt as far

as you can before you need to roll, do you tie off or do you back stitch?

I noticed that there are so many modern quilts that have the quilting

all done with lines.

Thanks

I load the quilt so the straight lines are horizontal to the roller bars. I then just quilt back and forth, ending in the outer edge and traveling in the edge of the top fabric so the threads are not cut when trimmed.  I use my channel locks on my Millie, no rulers.

Thanks, Kathy!!

I only quilt for myself, but wonder about this every time I see a quilt with straight line quilting.  The only time I did one like that was for my youngest daughter's high school graduation quilt, and that was on my DSM, way before I got Emmeline.  None of those lines was continuously horizontal or vertical.  Probably the only time using a DSM is simpler than a longarm! :)

I just did one with straight lines. Learning curve...horizontal channel locks work best if your quilt is pinned on straight...I tried, but room for improvement. "). Ended up using masking tape and eyeballing it. I have learned from the forum and took it off and turnned it so u could keep the horizontal flow going. Still missed some, but at this stage in the game I am happy.

Archived