must have journal/magazine

sonny-j

Well, we took delivery of our Millie last week and what a gem! It wil take some time to learn, but what an adventue. So, what are some must have periodicals we should be getting on a monthly basis to help us along the way? And a side bar topic of how do you get the thread off the floor in a fast and easy fashion??

sonni-j

I was disappointed when I started looking in books and magazines for ideas about quilting. A closer look at many periodicals made me think that publishing deadlines result in get it done quilting. I like Qulitmaker because ideas for quilting are included with each pattern. I also just sent off for a subscription for Fons & Porter because of the beautiful quilting. Congrats on the new arrival. And good question. I look forward to hearing what others have to say.

Donna

Sonni-j, One newsletter that is a must for LAers is Marcia Stevens "Unlimited Possibilities". The last issue was 32 pages long. It is published for longarm quilters about longarm quilting. Each issue has at least one quilting pattern included. It is published 4 times per year. You can order the newsletter through Kingsman or email Marcia at mstevens@brainerd.net. This was the best money I have ever spent on strickly longarm related material. JMHO. Di

• 1 month later...

Yesterday afternoon I remembered that my DH had invited an insurance guy over to talk about our policies. So I set out to clean a weeks worth of paper off my dining room table (productive quilting week). In the pile I found that I had overlooked my first addition of Unlimited Possibilieis the newsletter for Longarm Quilters. After cleaning, I sat down with the newsletter and read a great article on needle deflection (why we have directional tension problems). Reading this newsletter, I got that warm fuzzy feeling that I get when I find something new and totally useful (like when I found this quilting forum). If you haven't ordered it, I highly recommend it. (I ordered mine through Kings Men Quilting).

Donna

P.S. Red Letter Day. The insurance guy wasn't scary, creepy like the last one. And I decided that I will go to MQS (even though I swore I would never drive across Kansas again).

Archived