Sign in to follow this  
Sheila S.

Thread

I have used it and I don't love it. It is inconsistent. It will work well for quite a while, then break every two inches. Pull off a few yards and throw it out, and it's fine again. I just don't want to mess with it to try to save a couple dollars.

BDB923036A9F827EF84ACA918FB6F02D.png

Most quilts won't have more than a couple of dollars worth of thread so there is no point in buying anything but the best quality. If you stick with Superior or Filtec you will have less lint and more consistent tension.

Just my opinion

Nigel

Brenda Wells - Green Millie. Sold November 2017
Nigel Wells - Ultimate 1 with |Intellistitch & IQ

I have used Essential Pro from Connecting threads.  I have never had a problem with it.  It is a little more linty than SoFine but since I only quilt for myself, I don't mind.

e031f624cf7233f8fdc03e8e12614a83.png

LeeAnn Meduna

I had bought the connecting thread poly before I got my lenni and when I used it I found it was very linty and I did have some breakage but not much. I also bought some glide and so fine thread and I love these and like the shine to them and no lint. Because I have the connecting thread poly I will use it to get rid of it as long as it is okay to use.

Thank you for your comments.

Sheila

It is fine to use if it works for you. We used some linty thread in the beginning and it worked well but found the better threads ran cleaner with less tension issues.

Nigel

Brenda Wells - Green Millie. Sold November 2017
Nigel Wells - Ultimate 1 with |Intellistitch & IQ