Sweet Dough Bread

This is the one I use for cinnamon rolls...it can be shaped for any kind of breakfast item. I also use it for coffecakes with a topping

4 1/2 to 5 C flour

2 pkgs yeast (I use rapid rise yeast)

1 tsp salt

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup milk, scalded and cooled

1/2 cup warm water

2 eggs

1/2 cup butter, softened

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in milk, sugar, salt eggs and butter and 2/12 cups of flour. Beat until smooth. (I use my mixer). Mix in enough remaing flour to make dough easy to handle.

Turn dough onto lightly floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turn greased side up (At this point, dough can be refrigerated 3 to 4 days). Cover;let rise in warm place until double, about 1 1/2 hours.

Punch down dough. Shape dough into desired rolls and coffe cakes. Cover; let rise until double, about 30 minutes

Heat oven to 375. Bake as desired.

Cinnamon rolls - 1 dozen in a 9 x 13 pan bake for about 20 to 25 minutes

A braided loaf would probably take 25 to 30 mins.

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Thanks Cheryl.....I will add this one to the cookbook that I started when I was in high school.

For the cinnamon rolls, I make them a sticky roll. Add about 2 cups of brown sugar, 1/8 melted butter, and a 1/8 cup of cream...if this makes the mixture to runny I add a bit more sugar (or add more cream) you want the mixture to be thick, but spreadable. I then spread it into the bottom of 11" x 13" pan and if you like nuts I add them on top of this. Cut the cinnamon rolls as you would and spread them out so they have lots of room to raise and fill in all the spaces. Bake as above and when done flip out onto a paper lined area on the counter....yum.

I tell people my momma was the first sticky bun maker....way before Cinn-A-Bon.

Bonnie,

I'll have to give it a try...sounds yummy.

Sandra,

Mine is from a 25 yr old Betty Crocker's Cookbook...it is a very rich dough that stays moist. When you get a chance to post your recipe, I would love to try it.

I roll my dough out to 9 x 18 inch rectangle, spread it with 1/2 cup softened butter. Sprinkle with 1 cup sugar mixed with 2 Tablespoons cinnamon (use more if you want it stronger...I think I use at least 3 Tablespoons). Slice into 12 rolls...9x13 greased baking dish

Frosting is simple...2 Cups powder sugar, 2 Tablespoons milk and 1 tsp of vanilla.

Enjoy,

Cheryl Mathre

Stone Creek Quilting

Sandy Hook, VA

Archived