Hydraulic Lifts - Feedback

Hi Friends,

Curious to know how many of you have a hydraulic lift on your machines.  I do not but am considering purchasing one. I have the table set at where I think its comfortable but wouldn't know any different because I never change the height because its such a process. 

Thinking that the lift will assist with the ease of adjusting the height based on my needs at the time.

Do those of you with the hydraulic lifts utilize them?  Once you find your comfort zone do you change it often?  If so, why?

Thanks for your feedback and comments.

Warm Regards,

Patrice

Patrice:  I have an electric lift on my Ult 2, but think I can speak to the questions you've asked about power lifts.  I highly recommend them.  Before I bought my saddle stool, when I stood all the time while I quilted, I used my lift constantly.  Raising and lowering the table height depending on what I was quilting.  Now that I sit most of the time, I don't change the table height so often (I raise and lower the seat on my stool), but I still do sometimes change the table height, and would not want to be without the lift.  It's a feature I would want on any long arm I used.  Really saves on back pain.  Hope this helps.  Jim

I use mine every time I quilt; and usually raise or lower multiple times. If I am doing work on the upper border and the reach is farther I will lower it. When quilting closer to me I'll raise it. I like to sit when doing detail work. I purchased my Suspa Lifts on eBay for considerably less money;  my husband made the brackets for the legs using muffler clamps and some bent metal. He also used some birch ply to attach the pump under the table.  Suspa also makes a variety of lifts including hand cranks; they work very well, too. My husband uses them on his wood working tables and benches.

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2016 at 0:59 PM, jimerickson said:

Patrice:  I have an electric lift on my Ult 2, but think I can speak to the questions you've asked about power lifts.  I highly recommend them.  Before I bought my saddle stool, when I stood all the time while I quilted, I used my lift constantly.  Raising and lowering the table height depending on what I was quilting.  Now that I sit most of the time, I don't change the table height so often (I raise and lower the seat on my stool), but I still do sometimes change the table height, and would not want to be without the lift.  It's a feature I would want on any long arm I used.  Really saves on back pain.  Hope this helps.  Jim

What is a saddle seat and where can you purchase one?

Thanks

Andrea:  The saddle seat you reference is really an adjustable stool.  It's called a saddle because of the shape of the seat.  You can find them on the internet.  Mine's a Star 205 I think.  I've had it four or five years and am well satisfied.  The seat raises from about 22" to over 30".  You'll need a high height model like mine in order reach your quilting because of the table height.  Jim  

• 2 months later...

Archived