Who has their paint chips and fabrics for Bonnie Hunters Mystery this year?

As I do every year for the past 5 years now, I am anxiously waiting for the information on the mystery to come out.  this years colors that Bonnie has selected for En Provence Mystery are all just gorgeous.  First clue is due out the day after Thanksgiving, and I am ready and waiting.  Who is going to join in this year?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeanne I am likely going to join the Bonnie train again this year. I do not go with her colors I like to use my own selections and only use stash for this project I have not completely selected my fabric but I guess I better hurry it will be here before I know it. Enjoy the journey Jeanne I look forward to seeing yours come together.

I have the paint chips, but all my fabric is in storage.  My sister is going to do it and I'll help her.  She has a huge stash and likely has enough of ALL the colors to make two.  I'm not sure she will share, however.  LOL.  Maybe in February, when I get my stash out of storage I might jump on the bandwagon.  That way I can see the finished project before I commit. 

Just like last year with Bonnie's Tuscany quilt, I get the fabric together and download the steps. But I wait for the reveal before I start. If I don't like it, I don't make it. Last years was lovely and it's on my list to make. I like this years colors and will pull fabric for it. As a matter of fact, I have a customer's Allietare on the frame right now.

Nope...no cost for this mystery....you don't need to sign up....just go to her website at quiltville.com....then click on "blog" and when that opens click on "En Provence mystery"    The fabric colors and amounts and intro have been posted so far.  The first clue will be posted on Friday after thanksgiving (nov 25th I believe) and then every friday until done..usually about 5-7 weeks   She will leave the clues up for a short while after the finish but will then take them down and then will usually either put the pattern in one of her books or sell it as a single pattern....She does linkups so all can post photos as the clues are revealed....it really is fun. 

For all those who want to try the mystery for the first time.  I encourage you to give it a shot.  The instructions are great and Bonnie really strives to teach new techniques and reinforces the old.  She has made me a my piecing much more accurate and I always have a beautiful quilt when done.  It is just so much fun to wait ofr the clues and I get so excited that I can't even sleep all night I keep waking up wondering if the next clue is out.  Crazy I guess, but that's how much fun it is!

I really do try and keep up with the clues as they come out....most of the time I do...but I few times I still had a bit more piecing to do by the time the clue came out...she has in the past left all the clues up until sometime after the finally reveal...so if you miss a Friday...you can still get it a few days later...I agree, my piecing is better and I love the hints and tutorials too....if you do this, she is using a few special rulers so you will want to get the first intro and look at what you need.   Lin

I ordered the new triangle ruler the day the intro came out and got it this week.  It was on back order.  You certainly can do the mystery quilt without the special rulers, she gives several different ways to make the units if you don't have the rulers that she used.  so don't feel pressured to buy extra rulers to do the mystery.  they are nice to have but not a necessity.

Good luck everyone.  I have all my fabrics picked out and ready to go.  All from stash, mine and my friends.

Hi Mercedes,

Perhaps the best way to get a feel for what one of Bonnie's mystery quilts might look like is to just do a search for "Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt"  Most like some sort of an "images or photo" link will come up.  Some of the quilt's might not be here mystery ones but on a lot of them it does identify it as a mystery quilt.  Some folks have either modified the colors over her suggested ones or modified the layout....it is fun to see them all and how they have been modified.

Archived