Reproduction wall hangings

My friend loves reproduction fabrics and the traditional quilting that was usually used on them.  So the basket has crosshatching and feathers in the border. The blocks are just done freehand.  So Fine thread. 

Just saying.........I cannot drag pictures into a post.  I went to my computer picture file, right clicked, dragged the picture and it won't post.  Am I missing another step????

31315059323_b805597200.jpgblocks by Libby G, on Flickr

31315052573_c57f9fe517.jpgblocks (2) by Libby G, on Flickr

31315067213_f3f66261cb.jpgblocks (3) by Libby G, on Flickr

31315077913_ac8904e14a.jpgbaskets by Libby G, on Flickr

32125053565_46e4485007.jpgbaskets (2) by Libby G, on Flickr

Nice work!!  Love them both!  I don't click and drag, I use the Choose file link to pick my pictures when starting the thread and i just pick them from my photo files on my phone or iPad.  I'm sure it would be similar on a PC but haven't tried it honestly.   Maybe next time.

Beautiful job on both quilts.  Very traditional, regular patterns that just speak volumes of what used to be done.

On my Mac, I have to "export" the photos from my photo tool to put them into a temporary folder as photo files.  Then I can click and drag the photo files into the forum web page.

LibbyG:

Great job quilting

If I try to drag a picture from my Apple computer Photos app, it will not load.  If I drag the same picture to my desktop.  Then with a copy of it there, I have no issue dragging that same image to the "Drag files her to attach," section of this forum.  It may be the same on a PC, that the forum does not like to interface with your picture app/program on your computer.  

That being said, when I click on your picture it connects me to flicker.  That is not an issue, except when you delete it from flicker in the future.  I went back to look at some quilts from months ago, and in many cases the pictures are not longer included in the forum post.  I believe this is because the connection to the picture on Flicker/DropBox/etc. is not longer active or a proper connection.  It bums me out, as I remember the quilt tops and quilting were outstanding, and I wanted to emulate the designs.

Cagey

• 4 weeks later...

Archived