Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The YEG Quilter

The Last Goodbye

15 posts in this topic

The Last Goodbye is a memorial quilt designed to honor my family.  The six of us are all in here even though we were never six all together. My brother passed away as an infant, my father when I was 8. I spent a week in LaVeta, Colorado with Ricky Tims designing this quilt. I wanted to learn how to make a rhapsody quilt, and use that opportunity to design this quilt at the same time. The center square in the Log Cabin blocks is fabric from my fathers tie, the only thing I have of his. The 2 dark blocks represent my 2 brothers and the 2 light blocks represent my sister and I. The cream background fabric represents my mother and her antique wedding dress that I wore for my own wedding.  The colors in this quilt, purple, orange, and green, are my favorite color combination. So this quilt is my way of acknowledging my love for my family, my love for design, and my love for color. I forgot that I posted about this quilt a year ago, I guess getting older means that you forget stuff like this!

20160217_115123.jpg

Beautiful.  I love the story that if came from.

Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr

sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png

Love the story behind this quilt.  We make quilts because they are important to us.  To express how & why we do it bless those of us who love to know our heritage.

8E0E35981D02CAFC132FF6C4CC79AB40.png

Corey Starkey

IQ & Bllissed Millennium

I agree with the others! What a specatcular story; and your quilt is beautiful! Both in quilting and design. What a treasure!

c7bae4be5138b5e1d1f267e209f5b9f6.png

APQS Millenium in

Spring Creek, NV

YEG

Absolutely gorgeous.  The story only makes the quilt more lovely, and meaningful.  Thank you for sharing both with us.

Cagey

May your threads be balanced, and your bobbin forever full….

Beautiful quilt with a lovely story!

8EA3F8AB67CAE9B4618443BDC6588E06.pngsignature.png.1b0eddf5a8f9b785ff18723ff6665887.png

Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Already Taken.

APQS Discovery Sit Down Quilting Machine.

What a beautiful tribute to your family.  Lovely quilt!

Kathy :)

2016 APQS Lenni

HQ Sweet Sixteen Sitdown

Janome 6600P

What a wonderful memory quilt!  If you posted it already, getting older means we forgot you did.  So it's new eye candy for us.  I love how you made the inner white the same curve as the outer border.  So many interesting parts of this quilt.

Absolutely stunning!  Love the history/story behind your creativity of this quilt!

F55CA928B31BF9D50E35FB71F402EFB1.png Millennium/Circle Lord 402-450-8321 Designer of the 1/2" foot for Ult II's. 1sheributler@gmail.com