Chris' Quilt

Why do I always have a long story behind everything?!

Here it is. I made this quilt for my ex-husband's cousin's husband. So forget my ex-husband. My friend's names are Chris and Michelle. Michelle was my cousin for 8 years, but has been my friend for 39 years. I was there when Chris and Michelle started dating when they were in high school. After my divorce, Michelle's mom and dad wanted to keep me. I just divorced Randy, not the family. So anyway, Chris has been batting colon cancer for 4 years. This is the same cancer that took my sister's life. I wanted to do something, but up until now all I could think to do was pray for Chris. This week I decided I needed to make him a quilt. Since he is an avid Kansas City Royals fan, it was easy to figure out. I kind of threw something together and use the Circle Lord Egyptian Eye.

RoyalsQuilt.jpg

4 hours ago, judyday said:

Mary beth. You throw really well.  What a treasure to be able  to wrap around your friend. Im sure  he will feel the love. 

Im going to fort scott next week to visit our friends. I enjoy kansas. 

Well, we are on the Missouri side of the line. Kansas City is on the line, but most of the city is on the Missouri side. The Royals and the Chiefs are in Missouri. It is common for folks to think we are in Kansas, but we are not :D Thank you, I was hoping there would be enough quilt to snuggle with his grandbabies. They are a very close family.

Archived