Hi All,

I received an email from Rita's daughter today and Rita went to be with the Lord today.  I pray she is at peace and no longer in pain.  Thank you all who participated in making her special quilt.  I know that quilt gave her joy and comfort.  Rita was the first person to help me when I got an old stretched rotary machine.  She was a wealth of knowledge and helped guide me on how to load it and work on the machine.  I was actually able to meet her in person at Camp Mowana.  The one thing that Rita loved most was quilting.  I pray she is in quilting heaven and enjoying every minute.  I also see her be the practical joker, she loved to be silly like that.  

Himself, Roland, is doing well according to his daughter.    

Oh no. This make me so sad. Rita loved this forum and helping everyone. She always had something to add and was always helpful. I am so sorry that she went through so much illness and know that she is in a better place. I am happy I was able to participate in the quilt project. I pray for Roland, aka Himself. Thank you for letting us know. I have been wondering about her.

Mary Beth 

Powered by 2009 Freedom

Future winner of the Millie Sweepstakes

http://marysnutshell.blogspot.com/

Heidi, thank you for sharing this news with us.  I am so sorry for Rita's family and friends, but glad she is not suffering any longer.  So pleased we were able to give her a special quilt when we did.

Prayers for Roland and the rest of Rita's family and friends.

Betsy

quilting with Emmeline, a 2011 Freedom SR

I broke out in chills when I read this.  I'm so sorry to hear this.  She seemed like such a sweet person but was in so much pain.  Heaven is richer by having her there.

Thanks for letting us know.

David

I am so very sorry to hear about this.  My prayers for all her family and friends.  I am so pleased I was able to share in her special quilt.  Thanks for letting us know.

E09E59CAF06403E058848257636B2E85.png

Thank you for the update Heidi.  Heartfelt sympathy to Rita's family.  A group hug for her extended quilting family here.

Gail Olfert

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of times our breath is taken away

Prayers and heartfelt sympathy to Roland and his family.  I was blessed to be able to contribute to her quilt.  May Roland find peace and strength in her beautiful quilt.

160F23ED8561B6544806FF497F1BE92B.png

Sylvia Smith
www.dancingbearquiltingstudio.blogspot.com
APQS Sales Rep
Max Millennium - with Quilt Path  ... just me and Max, dancing as we quilt!

dancingbear@dancingbearquiltingstudio.com

Oh no, I am so sorry. Thank you Heidi for letting us know. I will be praying for her family, so sad.

6CE1B7A7F42F008E71DFC4B5D4645266.png

2016 Blissed Millie!
"You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give".
Kahlil Gibran

Thanks for letting us know.  Hugs and prayers for her family.

Judi Burr Customworks by Judi judib@gvtc.com  FRIENDS ARE ANGELS WHO LIFT US TO OUR FEET WHEN OUR WINGS HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING HOW TO FLY Author Unknown

I just saw this as Linda shared it on FB, I too am so sorry that we have lost a special and loved friend on our forum, she will be greatly missed and my thoughts and prayers also go out to her family.  

aedc2cc10e0045c5397509e8f6b74d4d.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sewmanyquiltssewlittletime/

Proud Millie Owner!

Sew Many Quilts - Sew Little Time

Custom Long Arm Quilting

My heart broke when I heard Rita went to be with our Lord.  She loved quilting and everyone in this forum.  Rita could tell a story like no other (remember her last story about her wheelchair and the car).  I took several classes with her but honestly she could teach the courses.  If you didn't know, Rita even got her hubby Roland,  known to us as "himself", into quilting.  If you go back in her posts you may find the pics.  Rita was sick for as long as I knew her so it does help to know that here COPD and other pain is now gone.  She is now with our Lord, probably making quilts of gold as I type.  Thank you all for making her a comfort quilt and those that kept her in their prayers.  Please continue praying for "himself" and her family as they celebrate Rita's life and continue on knowing that they will meet her again.

Connie
Port Huron, MI   48060
APQS Sales Rep and Educator
Millennium with Intelliquilter (IQ)

"Be a good listener, your ears will never get you in trouble" Frank Tygr

sewsweetgator@aol.com
http://www.yoursite.com
287890c1690b93fca26ac74c1d32b308.png

So Sorry to hear that!! May she be at peace now.  I met Rita and himself a few years back in Milwaukee at a quilt show. Had a wonderful time! She was a special lady with a great sense of humor. She will be sadly missed here on the forum.  My thoughts & prayers continue for the family.

8EA3F8AB67CAE9B4618443BDC6588E06.pngsignature.png.1b0eddf5a8f9b785ff18723ff6665887.png

Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Already Taken.

I Just saw this last night and although it makes me sad we have to know Rita has been set free. My wholehearted condolences to her family and they are in my prayers! I am so thankful she received a loving quilt from her forum friends. She blessed us!!!!

c7bae4be5138b5e1d1f267e209f5b9f6.png

APQS Millenium in

Spring Creek, NV

Even though I've known Rita was in a lot of pain and not feeling well for years, I was hoping that she'd get better.  Yet it gives me comfort to know that we made her last days a little more special with our cards, thoughts and prayers, and the comfort quilt. She had a wonderful sense of humor.  I loved reading her posts, especially about Himself, and her emails.  May her memory be eternal.

Heidi,

(((hugs))) Rita was a special person, indeed.

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter