Red snappers

I have a Lenni and I got red snappers about a month ago. Wow, can you load and unload a quilt fast. I really like that part, but there is a trade off.  They add weight, and the very end of you leaders want to sag because of the weight.  But, I am going to live with it, because of the benefit I perceive. Love pulling a quilt off, I seemed to poke myself more when I was taking off and I don't miss that at all. Overall, I am glad I put them on.

I have them on my Freedom. On my old machine, I pinned but was so tired of being stuck and bleeding. Then I installed the zippers. I loved them, but always felt like something was off center, or just not quite right. When I bought my Freedom, I bought the Red Snappers. I like them okay. My hands are kind of weak, so I have a hard time attaching the clipping part onto the leader part. That is the only thing I don't like, but for a normal person, they would be perfect. 

I have had my red snappers as long as they have been out.  I love mine and have no problems with them.  They are a little hard to push together at first but you want them tight. I tried the leader grips (I think that's what they were) but didn't like them.  I have and I believe others have added a small zipper leader and put the channel in it.  I had the zippers before all the other stuff came out (snappers, leader grips, etc).  I used to be the queen of gadgets, LOL.  The red snapper video is good, it will show you what to do.  It isn't hard to do.

I use the red snappers but I have trouble with my hands so I put them on differently.  Instead of sewing a channel on my leaders I put a sleeve of muslin on them.  The muslin is thinner, making it easier to get the snappers snapped.  

Sue in PA

I have the leader grips and use them on my lenni all the time. I do not have the side grips so do not know how they work but the long ones work fine. I read up on them a lot before I got them and both brands seem to work the same. People just like one or the other for different personal reasons. No matter which brand, they sure cut down on the loading time and save your hands from a lot of stab wounds!

Archived