Switching out tables on Millie

I am purchasing a used 2006 Millie that's on a 14 ft table.  My friend has a 2008 Millie that's on a 10 ft. table.  We want to switch tables.  The 2006 table has straight legs and the 2008 table has what I would call tubular legs.  Anyone know if we can do that?  Other option is to cut the 14 ft table down or buy a new house!  Thanks!!

I'm assuming neither table has or both have Bliss then yes you can do that.  The legs will have to stay with the tables because the bars mount differently.  Make sure you both inspect the rails well because if they are nicked or gouged the person receiving them will feel like the got a bad deal.  The tubular legged table is easier to setup and get square because of how the bars attach in my opinion but once you get the square legged table properly set up it is fine.

Nigel

Thanks Nigel!

Fortunately the woman who wants to switch tables is the one who found the machine for me and it's in amazing shape...was only used for about 5 quilts!  I'll have her check her rails too so we'll all be happy.  Now if she wants to cut the 14ft table to a 12ft is that also possible? The 2006 does not have Bliss...need to check with my friend about hers.

Thanks again!!

Robyn

Robyn

Others have shortened their tables.  Basically cut a foot off each end of the rails and drill new holes, then grind the weld that holds the end caps to the bars, shorten the bar and weld the caps back on.  Then you will have to replace or shorten your leaders.  If you are close to the factory check to see if they have a preowned set of rails and bars in the correct length.  I got used 14 foot rails and new bars from them about five years ago and I think the price was about a thousand.  

Nigel

Archived