how to restart an unsaved pattern after unplanned break

hokieappmom

I have the Bernina version of Quilt Path that I bought from my dealer with no support, as they sold me the floor model which I didn't know until I picked it up. Yes, no longer will use that dealer.  It is exactly the same software as quilt path and I have learned SO much from the quilt path videos!  I hope someone can help me here.  I am working on my first quilt and I made my first big mistake - I didn't save the pattern and had an unplanned break.  My son accidently hit the on/off button on my machine, so I lost the exact design and measurements.  I am doing a complete pantograph and it was on the last repeat of the design.  I have tried trace and nudge, but have not been able to duplicate the entire row.  Does anyone know if there is a way to have the process pick up where the last thread left of instead of setting the left top, center, etc. of the block?  I'd like to just do one of the design, but need to pick up exactly where the last thread left off.  If not, the only thing I can think of is to tear out the entire row of quilting, which will take quite awhile.  I have learned the hard way and  I will now save all my designs, at least until the quilt is finished! 

If you can duplicate the settings for the panto - height and width - from the original and then match the start point for the row you're trying to complete, you should be able to get where you're trying to go using the repair pattern commands of trace and nudge.  

1 hour ago, hokieappmom said:

I have the Bernina version of Quilt Path that I bought from my dealer with no support, as they sold me the floor model which I didn't know until I picked it up. Yes, no longer will use that dealer.  It is exactly the same software as quilt path and I have learned SO much from the quilt path videos!  I hope someone can help me here.  I am working on my first quilt and I made my first big mistake - I didn't save the pattern and had an unplanned break.  My son accidently hit the on/off button on my machine, so I lost the exact design and measurements.  I am doing a complete pantograph and it was on the last repeat of the design.  I have tried trace and nudge, but have not been able to duplicate the entire row.  Does anyone know if there is a way to have the process pick up where the last thread left of instead of setting the left top, center, etc. of the block?  I'd like to just do one of the design, but need to pick up exactly where the last thread left off.  If not, the only thing I can think of is to tear out the entire row of quilting, which will take quite awhile.  I have learned the hard way and  I will now save all my designs, at least until the quilt is finished! 

You can duplicate what is quilted, it will just take a little bit of work but Quilt Motion can help you with that.   Go into Pantograph.  At the top look for the Ruler button.  Use the ruler to measure the row that you just quilted.   You should be able to get both the height and the width of what was quilted.  Then use that to set up your pantograph.  Since you are using QP to measure what you need, it should be exactly the same.    That way you can then set your alignment mark and have, then repair pattern, release the carriage, move the machine over the place you need to restart at and tap closest stitch. 

Archived