Intelliquilter vs. Quilt Path

Crazyqltr

I just got my Lenni about 8 months ago and am loving it. I am considering adding either Quilt Path or Intelliquilter but don't know much about either, and which one might be better with my machine.  Do any of you use either one of these, and what would be the advantages/disadvantages of one vs. the other. Its a big investment & I don't want to make a mistake. I do a little quilting for others but it will be mostly be used for my own personal use. I'm looking for something that does more than pantographs. One concern I have is the additional weight that will be added to the machine, as I still plan on doing hand guided and custom work. One of the reasons I chose a Lenni was because it was so light & easy to move. I have quite a bit of arthritis so I don't want to add a lot of weight or drag to the machine.

Carol

Thousand Oaks, CA

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if you can add the bliss system to a Lenni or not but that may help with the drag.   I have QP for sale - see post.   It is for a 14 foot table but you can probably get belts for a smaller table.   I haven't used Intelliquilter but the reason I chose the QP system was that it has been designed especially for the APQS system and compatibility was important to me.

Please do a search on this forum for this exact topic. I have posted several very detailed messages comparing both systems as I have owned both. I now use the IntelliQuilter and would never go back to the QP. IQ is a great system that is easy to learn and use.

Here is a link to one of my posts (you might have to scroll down to the bottom of the thread to see my remarks ... 

• 2 months later...
On 9/22/2017 at 6:44 PM, Sue E. said:

Please do a search on this forum for this exact topic. I have posted several very detailed messages comparing both systems as I have owned both. I now use the IntelliQuilter and would never go back to the QP. IQ is a great system that is easy to learn and use.

Here is a link to one of my posts (you might have to scroll down to the bottom of the thread to see my remarks ... 

I did a search on this forum and can’t find any comparisons this year.  Software changes rapidly.  Could someone please provide a link to a recent discussion comparing the two and short of that, maybe just answer the question?  Software is a huge expense and I really do want to make the right decision and have already scoured the internet.

Thank you

-Robin

Robin;

You may have to expand your search to other forums that cater to quilt path or intelliquilter.  There are a number of them out there on the internet.  Check out the specific forums for both.  Ask your questions, and weigh the source and form your opinion of the validity of the information.  It all comes down to personal opinion and perception.  In the end though, every buyer has to make their personal decision as to what works best for them and their situation.  

Best of luck shopping.

Cagey

Archived