Giraffe quilts finally done updated with pics of the twins

I have finally finished quilts for Landon and Scarlett.  Can you believe they are a year old already?   They are such good babies.   They both love their quilt and give them kisses and hugs all the time.  Lol.  Landon likes to pet his giraffe.   These quilted up really quickly.  My goal was to keep them soft and snuggley.  

IMG_3267.JPG

IMG_3268.JPG

Heidi;

The two quilts came out gorgeous.  I like the detailed and tight quilting you put into your works of art.  Funny how some say that tight of work makes the quilt stiff.  I say it shows how much love and care went into the project, which will hold it together for years to come.  Great job.  Thank you for sharing.

Cagey

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Heidi;

The two quilts came out gorgeous.  I like the detailed and tight quilting you put into your works of art.  Funny how some say that tight of work makes the quilt stiff.  I say it shows how much love and care went into the project, which will hold it together for years to come.  Great job.  Thank you for sharing.

Cagey

Thank you Cagey.  I kept my quilting at 1/2" spacing which helps with the density, except for the filler in the diamonds.  I also used wool which is always snuggly.

14 minutes ago, dbams said:

Heidi, these quilts are just darling!  No wonder the twins love them.

How is Landon doing these days?

Betsy thank you.  Landon is doing fantastic.  They are starting to take him off his heart meds and we'll see what happens from there.  His mitral valve seems to be doing very well and he is handling the regurgitation ok.  He isn't walking yet on his own but he will go places if he can hold onto one finger or one of his toys.  LOL  He is a busy boy that is for sure.  He is also the most lovable little boy.  He loves to be rocked and loves his snuggles.  Scarlett isn't always thrilled with his hugs and kisses.  Thanks for asking.  

On 8/4/2017 at 9:11 AM, RosemaryJ08 said:

Heidi,

Absolutely Adorable.. I would hug and kiss them too :)  

May I ask , did you use all flannels?

I'm new, but have use the Quilters Dream Wool, and I LOVE IT!

Thanks for sharing, and I am so happy both twins are doing great!

Happy creating!

Hi Rosemary,

I used minkie (silly spell check and I didn't catch it) for the giraffe and the rest are just cottons.  QD wool is pretty much all I use any more.  It provides great loft and is so cozy.  Even my hubby noticed the difference.  

6 hours ago, Kwiltr said:

Those quilts are absolutely adorable!  I love everything about them.  Your grand babies are precious and I'm sure irresistible!

Hahaha Kathy you have no idea how irresistible they are.  That Landon sure knows how to melt your heart and turn on the charm when he is into something he isn't supposed to be in.  LOL  

Heidi the twins are so cute. We just had twins (boys) arrive last week and are still in the hospital and doing well. This is the third set in our families!

Love all the pictures and look like your beautiful quilts are great hits!!!!

Archived