PamelaG

Beginner or Advanced beginner APQS classes

4 posts in this topic

Why are there almost never classes in the Western USA? I really don't want to travel to take a class. But looking at the calendar, there are usually ones in Texas, North Carolina, and Iowa. Rarely elsewhere. How about Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, or California? I'd even do Oregon or Washington.  

Pamela;

Set the date, January 18-21, 2018 Ontario California; Road to California; http://www.road2ca.com/faculty.html  Take all of Jamie Wallen's classes, and I think you will be more than happy with the new skills you learn.  While it may not be an APQS class, I believe you will be able to transfer any/all instruction over to your machine.  All of us sit-down quilters have to exactly that when we take long arm classes.  

Cagey

May your threads be balanced, and your bobbin forever full….

9 hours ago, PamelaG said:

Why are there almost never classes in the Western USA? I really don't want to travel to take a class. But looking at the calendar, there are usually ones in Texas, North Carolina, and Iowa. Rarely elsewhere. How about Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, or California? I'd even do Oregon or Washington.  

As Cagey suggests try Road to California.  Sign ups have begun so I am not sure how many of the classes have sold our.  I have taken quite a few of the longarm classes since they began offering them.  Jamie Wallen is a very generous and kind teacher.  He teaches using Innova machines and unfortunately they are usually housed in an old auto showroom down the road from the show and it has seen better days!  If you are looking for a drawing class I have heard great things about Sue Heinz.  There are a number of names teaching longarm classes that you will probably recognize.

If you do decide to go make your hotel reservations as soon as possible.  Most people just book during the show for the following year so things get booked up pretty quickly.

24D32CBE5BBA870354340E86069CB492.png

Check out APQS Northwest. Barbara Mayfield is an amazing educator. 

Heidi Patterson

APQS Blissed Millennium with Quilt Path

APQS Sales Rep - Educator - Authorized Service Rep

Boise, Idaho

208-861-5018 (cell)