so.....this happened

I won't be on my Millie for the next 9mnths at least.  I had most of my neck fused. won't be doing much of anything for a while.  Not allowed to pick up more than a coffee cup. I had the surgery on 1 June and have been on the recliner ever since.  Have been wearing a neck brace from the beginning, 24/7. It's killing me having to do nothing! The healing is going well. Keep those quilt pictures coming, it's my only fix!

20170714_165900.jpg

So sorry to hear this.  I have some stenosis in my neck (ouch) and have had therapy. It hurts and have learned to live with it.  It curtails a lot of what I used to do.  Have some exercises that help but do know it's degenerative so hope I won't be facing what you're going through but can totally appreciate what's happening with you and will pray for a quick and speedy recovery.  I had been on a sit-down and it was too much pushing the quilt around.  Millie is ordered and soon to arrive.  Knowing now how much can go wrong with the neck by doing the same things repetitively, I plan on being so careful.  Prayers for you!  (And I do understand the going crazy!  I have a lot of UFO's waiting for Millie to arrive and after a little time for learning curve will be posting!)  Take care.  (Hope you have streaming service on your t.v.  There are a million YouTube videos on quilting available!)

Ouch!  Praying that you heal fast and can get off the recliner.  When I retired from the Navy, they told me I had degenerative discs in my neck and that they could fuse them.  I didn't take them up on the offer due to getting out a week after the appointment.  It's 10 years later and my neck seems to be ok.  I still get neck pain and headaches but can tolerate them.   Hopefully, I don't need the surgery.  I agree with VegasLady, if you can watch TV, youtube has tons of quilty stuff.

this is week 12 after rotator cuff surgery....will take at least 6 months and maybe a year to recover from this.....hopefully soon I can start strength training.....still working on range of motion and nothing heavier then a coffee cup.....painful surgery....go in twice a week to PT to have the therapist stretch me to maintain range of motion....and doing assisted only stretches two times per day on my own....it is something like that medieval "rack" me thinks....one person described it as breaking up the scar tissue that is forming so it can form in the right direction...yeppers...I think that is what it is.....anyway...got me a "smart TV" and am watching quilting U-tubes on it....and listening to murder mysteries on discs from the library in between the stretching sessions, getting myself up and dressed and fed with my left hand...which takes forever...my sister has been coming over and putting on my support hose for me .....and cutting my meat...and she is having me over to eat...she lives next door....I am very glad......so...my empathy to all of you who have health problems out there...we will carry on and get back to quilting when we can.....Lin

Oh My Gosh! I've had 2 levels with metal plate/screws from a car accident.

NEVER have i EVER heard of anyone having 6 levels fused/plated!

They used part of my own hip bone to make the disc's. Super fast healing!

I sure wish you the best of luck with that!  With 6 levels bad, how could you seriously move at all? That just makes NO sense to me what so ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived