Stitch Regulator added to Freedom

APQS will not add it but you could trade the head in for a certified used machine and keep the table.  I believe pumpkinpatchquilter did this a few years ago and the price must have been ok as she was considering adding Intellistitch.  

There are two aftermarket systems I know of for stitch regulation.  The most common one being Intellistitch.    They used to do in studio installations but there are very few installers anymore. This is the same regulator that Nolting has been using for many years.   Nolting will do the install at their factory if you can't get an installer to come to you and the price is around $3000. Member here Abercroft was going to send her machine to Nolting maybe pm here and find out her experience with doing this.

The other system is called Perfect Stitch by Quilt EZ.  It is more money and I believe this is the regulator Nolting is using on their top of the line NV machine.  I have seen one on an Ultimate 2 machine and the install wasn't very attractive and the machine had been damaged on the way to Quilt Canada so it wasn't working well either.

Nigel

Archived