Freddie is drifting

DebbieAllen

Hello. I have a used Freddie bought from APQS last April.  I have noticed it drifts whenever I stop quilting towards the middle.  It's level on all sides including the carriage and the tracks horizontal and vertical.  Can you help?  This is becoming an issue when quilting.

Thanks,

Debbie

Debbie

Unplug the cord from the side of the machine, and see if it still "drifts" to the center.  If it stays put, it is the cord, if not I would suggest using a different level to ensure the table is actually level.  I remember my dad doing wood working and having issues getting something square.  He aligned and reset the saw over the course of a few days, with nothing giving him square results.  It was only when he was discussing it with another woodworker that they suggesting purchasing a new "square".  My dad learned quickly that his longtime faithful square was no longer square.

If the table is truly level, do you by chance have a ceiling fan or other fan on that could be blowing the head to the center?.  Is the house AC vent blowing on you keeping your cool, just might be moving the machine in one direction.  If it is not that, I am out of help.  I wish you the best of luck.  Let us know what you find.  

Cagey 

My machine does this too. I think it is the bliss rails that make the machine move so easily. It could be the cord that causes it. When I am doing something that I need the machine out of the way, I just use my side clamps, clip them on the base, and shorten the elastic strap. 

Archived