Surf Song Bargello

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Robin, I am going to make this quilt for my son. I have been looking for an ocean pattern with these colors and we both love this one. I am interested in how to make it King size the easier way as you say by not using borders if you can tell me how I would greatly appreciate it. Also I'm assuming you randomly picked your fabrics and they were not part of an overall collection. Thank you for any help you can provide. Pat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Dear Robin,

Beautiful quilt.  What great work you did with it.  I am going to start making one this weekend. However, I’m still in the planning stage, as I want to make mine a king size. Im actually trying to figure out how to extend it without making a mess and wasting fabric. I’ve collected the fabric for over a year, since I do not have time to quilt during the school year and I do it over the summer. Please if you could share your thoughts about extending the quilt it would be greatly appreciated. I have an idea as to how to do it, but not too confident that it can work. 

Thank you for any advice you can give me. 

Ana

• 1 year later...

Hi Robin

Your Surf Song quilt is absolutely beautiful.  I have made the wall hanging a few times in different color schemes but am very interested to make it to fit a queen size bed i.e. 60"x74".  I note that you increased the original pattern by "building on the bargello''.  Did you plot the additions on the chart or how did you go about it?  I'd be grateful to hear your tips.

Txs Marie (South Africa)

• 3 weeks later...

I was just given the lovely Twist and Turn book along with some amazing blues to start Surf Song.  I will happily add to those. I really want a lap/throw size.  i noticed that the author had made one, but didn't give those directions.  I wonder if the hanging could be enlarged.  You mentioned enlarging the "queen size" one.  I'd love to know the "better way" you found to do that.

• 2 years later...