Sign in to follow this  

I had the privilege of quilting this beautiful applique Iris quilt for my neighbour/friend. It has a wonderful story behind it. She made the quilt top back in 1988 for her daughter and as young daughters go, didn't like it once Mom had almost finished the top. So, my friend put it in storage along with the rest of the fabric and backing. Now this summer, her mother is moving from her home to a new condo and my friend felt her mother needed a new quilt for her new home so she dug this out of storage and her mother loved it. She was ready to bring me the quilt and then realized the borders had never been put on so she needed to quickly do that as well and so fortunate that she had kept all the extra fabrics! I had SO much fun quilting this for them. AND another exciting note is that my friend is now eagerly awaiting her very own APQS Millie!! We are going to have so much fun sharing ideas and learning together!

IMG_0502.JPG

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0498.JPG

Sharon Wall

Quilting with my ‘Mustang Sally’ (Blissed Freedom with QP)

It's beautiful Sharon!  Nice job on the quilting.  What a shame it would have been to leave that quilt in storage.  How awesome for you and your friend to have each other to share your quilting passion.

Kathy :)

2016 APQS Lenni

Janome 6600P

Really lovely quilting, Sharon!  Your friend did a wonderful job, and it's great that her mother will have a new quilt for her new home.

Betsy

quilting with Emmeline, a 2011 Freedom SR

Sharon;

You did a gorgeous job.  I like the mirroring of the flowers and then the tight design that makes the appliqué pop.  Thank you for sharing.  

Cagey

May your threads be balanced, and your bobbin forever full….

Beautiful top and beautiful quilting. I love the story too. Best wishes to you and you friend for many hours of quilting enjoyment. 

I hope my quilting friends here in Texas will not be without power. 

Judy Day

Love My Georgia  (aka George)

Beautiful work Sharon.  That quilt shouldn't be hiding in a closet.

Gail Olfert

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of times our breath is taken away

Your quilting really compliments the pattern. Nicely done.

signaturedimage

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying, 'Dang, that was fun'!

2017 Blissed Lenni and loving it!

On 8/26/2017 at 7:18 AM, mlsa3 said:

I bet the daughter will regret that decision once she sees this.  Beautiful.

Apparently she is regretting it now... Grandma does say that one day it will be hers. 

Sharon Wall

Thanks everyone for your kind responses! So much of my inspiration comes from all of you on this forum! 

Sharon Wall