Help! A screw came out of the bottom of my carriage

Near the end of a project. The pattern started to degrade. Turned everything off and tried on another spot. Still messed up. Finally my head wouldn't come all the way forward, so I started investigating, The back clamp lost a screw. It wobbles now and I suspect this is the problem. Millennium 2017, Bliss track, Quilt Path. Question, do I need to remove the head t fix this I suspect? And should I check for anything else? 

Pamela G.

Tucson, AZ 

Pamela;

If you can get the screw in with your fingers, you may be able to use a screw driver with a 90 degree bend to tighten it without removing the machine head.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-3-Piece-Offset-Screwdriver-Set/1067965

If the 90 degree bend is too long to fit in the space, you could also try using a philips apex bit and hold it with a pair of needle nose pliers to get the screw tight.  Hopefully you can get the screw in without removing the head from the table.

Cagey  

Tried to use a short screw driver, no luck. Ended up taking the head off and fixing it. The other screw was loose too, so glad I did. Now just trying to update my tablet, and reload the drivers . My Quilt Path wouldn't set safe zones, so am trying that.

Archived