Picnic Quilt

Started this quilt last winter and just finished quilting it yesterday and putting the binding on today! Just felt that the colours and pattern felt like a summer picnic quilt. Although I don't think I could ever use it as one since the background is all white on this one :wacko:

IMG_0516.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

7 hours ago, tootsquilts said:

Beautiful quilt.  The quilting is lovely.  I really like your pattern.  Is it one of your own patterns?

I used the block from a quilt called Hidden Gems designed by Doris Brunnette and Trina Kirkvold that was in the Summer 2015 issue of Fons and Porters Scrap Quilts. I added the sashing and did all the blocks the same, as their original pattern had a couple of different blocks mixed in and hence the hidden gems... 

20 hours ago, SWall said:

I used the block from a quilt called Hidden Gems designed by Doris Brunnette and Trina Kirkvold that was in the Summer 2015 issue of Fons and Porters Scrap Quilts. I added the sashing and did all the blocks the same, as their original pattern had a couple of different blocks mixed in and hence the hidden gems... 

Very nice.  I love how it turned out.  Thanks for the answer.  I will try to find that, may have it.

While on our RV travels this summer, we stopped in Hamilton, MO at the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  Had a chance to attend a trunk show by Jenny Doan.  She said that any quilt that doesn't get dirty isn't loved enough, that she expects her quit gifts to be USED.  So go ahead and do the picnic.

12 hours ago, EHonour said:

While on our RV travels this summer, we stopped in Hamilton, MO at the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  Had a chance to attend a trunk show by Jenny Doan.  She said that any quilt that doesn't get dirty isn't loved enough, that she expects her quit gifts to be USED.  So go ahead and do the picnic.

Thanks Eric! That's a very good point. Nothing more comforting than a quilt that's been well loved!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived