Liberty Machine

I have a chance to purchase a Liberty machine, I would like some input on this machine if possible. I've searched the internet but don't find much on it. From the pictures I've seen it looks to be very clean. I guess some of the questions I have are what is a two stage auto needle positioner, what is the packing grease used for? I currently have another machine that I'm not real happy with at this point.  The Liberty is regulated, and that is what I'm after right now. 

I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I've done something wrong.

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Diane

If that is the machine in California,  that's a great looking machine. They didn't even mention that it's on the new style table with fabric advance. It could be upgraded to Bliss if you wanted to. The needle positioned allows you to raise the needle or lower it in a single stitch. Also great if you add a computer later. The packing grease is a maintenance for noise reduction. Easy to use if needed. I think this is a 20" machine so be sure that is ok for you. If I were closer I would be adding it as a second machine.

Welcome to the forum Diane.  The Liberty has a 20 inch threat and most of the features of the Millie except the thread cutter if I remember correctly.  The needle positioner can be stopped in the down or up position and to are a single stitch you push the button twice.  APQS machines have the gearbox filled with grease for lubrication and noise suppression.  Occasionally you may get an air pocket in the grease and the machine will get quite noisy.  The solution is to repack the gearbox (not hard) and I suspect this has happened to the previous owner and that is why they have spare grease.  

Nigel

Diane, welcome to the forum.  You did everything right!   This is the place to go for answers, praise and just good friendship.  Lucy is a great machine but ask about the table size, and other features if may have.  The members here will steer you in the right direction, and give you honest answers.  Again, welcome and don't be a stranger.  We love "eye candy", so please post pictures of your quilts here.

I just want to thank all those that responded to my first post, I appreciate all of the input.

The Liberty that I'm interested in has a 12 foot table, and like I said is stitch regulated, from what I can see in the picture the wheel setup is different from my current machine which looks like it would be easier to clean. I'm hoping the width will be compatible with the space I have for it. The room is kind of narrow, so one end will have to be in the closet, not terribly far just enough so I can get around the other end.

Thank you  once again,  

Diane, my Freedom is on a 12' table, and is in an 11'x15' room.  I have one end up against the wall/window, and I can get around the other end OK.  Not ideal, but very doable.  In my dream studio, I would have at least 18' of width for Emmeline, so I could walk around either end of the table. 

My dealer told me that when she and her husband were living in Chicago temporarily, her Millie was wall to wall in the guest room, and she had to crawl under it to get to her computer, so I am definitely not complaining! :)

Well I took the leap, the machine will be delivered on Monday. I'm really excited, but a little scared to. We won't be able to set it up until later, we will have to move my other machine out, and do some rearranging to make it fit the room. I think my husband is as excited as me, he was in the room figuring all the ways we could do it. 

Anyway thank you all for helping me make this decision.

Diane

Wow the last few days have been crazy, 

Thank you Gator for your offer, I've been told there is a manual with the machine so we should be fine,but if w do have any problems I'll for sure post for help.

My husband is in the process of enlarging the closet opening so she can be partially in there. We had to do that with my last machine.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions  and offers.

Archived