Chevrons on Lucius

It's been a long time since I've been on this forum - or had anything to post.  My wife and I have been in our RV for most of this year, and I've not been able to play much with Lucius. :(  But we're back home now, and I'm finally fulfilling my hidden desires.

She pieced this chevron quilt to try out using a layer cake of gradation fabrics.  When she had finished, she handed it to me and said, "Here you go.  Play with this and see what you can do.  It's just for practice!"

IMG_2584.jpg.3dbaa8727817a8cab72a351e94fc6790.jpg

So I decided to try a different pattern in each band and to use contrasting colors.  I'm tying it together by using curved patterns in the teal and straight-line patterns in the white.

IMG_2577.jpg.d3db74812c881f02cb2b54aecc857f04.jpgIMG_2581.jpg.8960d1036e5c22f9335e63fde0982d89.jpg

And then, for interest, I have added circles of different sizes and I'm practicing other patterns in the circles.

IMG_2585.jpg.04e5e00b3d81b68360c5058c69df1bf5.jpg

Is this too much fun, or what?

3 hours ago, Sheri Butler said:

I LOVE what you did to that, breaking it up into areas of play!!

Hi, Sheri - The wife and I passed through Lincoln in our RV travels.  Spent two nights in an RV park in north Lincoln so we could go to the Int'l Quilt Museum and pick her up a couple of row-by-row patterns from local quilt shops.  It was a good time.

Eric;

I think you pulled off an outstanding job of quilting.  When you first look at the quilt from a distance the fabric and piecing standout.  As you take a more detailed and closer look, your wonderful quilting becomes evident and grows to become the highlight detail.  Great job.

Cagey 

On 9/7/2017 at 7:31 PM, Cagey said:

Eric;

I think you pulled off an outstanding job of quilting.  When you first look at the quilt from a distance the fabric and piecing standout.  As you take a more detailed and closer look, your wonderful quilting becomes evident and grows to become the highlight detail.  Great job.

Cagey 

Very kind words, Cagey. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived