Machine Sticking

I had a Lenni until a couple of weeks ago - Millie is sitting in the same place now. Anyway - I had a couple of incidents of this nature. So check to be sure the carriage isn't "catching" on the power cable where it winds its way up to the plug-in on the machine. I had re-position my cable a little. Clean the wheels, bliss rails if you have them, etc. If you have bliss: check to see batting bunnies or thread has collected in the "brushes" that run on the bliss rails at the front of the carriage. I occasionally have to pick out stuff from that area. Also, if you have a short power cable like I did to start with, it will drag if it gets too stretched out from the power source. Oh, and another time, the horizontal lock "stopper" worked its way down until it was dragging on the carriage. When you aren't using the horizontal lock, make sure the stopper is secured snuggly at the highest position. If you still can't find the issue, call customer service - they can offer other things to look at.

HI,

Another thing to check is to make sure you are not putting pressure on the handles.......I was doing that causing Lucey to "bump" along........Karen McTavish came to look at my set-up and said "oh I will fix that"....and she loosened up my handles enough so that my handles moved downward instead when I put downward pressure on them....I was  actually lifting the back wheels off the track a bit when I put to much downward pressure on the handles.......also...I have bliss.....and I can say, one time I removed a remarkable amount of dust, batting, thread whatever from the bliss brushes....I have no idea where it came from.....maybe a mouse was building a nest....I don't know....did not find any mice but I really don't know how it all got there!!!!!   Lin

Archived