A new customer brought me this quilt, a pattern from Missouri Star Quilt, called Slice-a-Block.  She made it for her daughter to hang in her new office. Since it had a lot of colors and a random design, I decided to just pantograph it.  So Fine on top and Bottom Line in the bobbin.  80/20 Hobbs.

36606684004_d5073571b4.jpgSlice a Block by Libby G, on Flickr

Since she had leftover fabric, she decided to make a wall hanging.  Because it wasn't as big I decided to try a modern, for me, custom design. After quilting this, I decided to buy the little circle templates that DeLoa Jones and Jamie Wallen sell.  It sure makes it easier to make those pebbles.

36646606623_f7bc36e19a.jpgSlice a Block (2) by Libby G, on Flickr

Beautiful!

Deb

May your passion for thread & fabric creations bring joy to you and others!

Blessed wife to my amazing husband, thankful mom to my phenomenal kids, Caretaker to the very spoiled fur & feather babies.

APQS Lenni 2016 and a few Janome machines

Blog: applewoodquilts.blogspot.com

Having spent some hours now doing pebbles on Lavender Rose, the circle templates sound pretty attractive - but I can see that they're more useful when you're trying to do regular pebbles of the same size, rather than the free-form pebbles I'm doing.  

This is some pretty work, Libby.  Nice selection of the modern artwork.

Eric

Spring Hill, TN

...always practicing on my "Lucius", always learning!

Libby;

I love the piecing/design of the quilt...very modern.  The curves of your E2E design gives the quilt top movement against the sharp straight lines.  I really like your wall hanging with the detailed quilting.  Great job, and thank you for sharing.

Cagey

May your threads be balanced, and your bobbin forever full….

Fantastic! It's neat to see two styles of quilting on the same style of quilt. They are both beautiful.

Sharon Wall

Quilting with my ‘Mustang Sally’ (Blissed Freedom with QP)