Thread breakage

I just got my new Lenni and am having an issue with the bobbin thread breaking. This only happens when I stop stitching in manual mode and then restart the machine. I have tried with the bobbin that I wound myself and also the prewound ones. Unsure why this is happening. The tension on the bobbin case seems fine and the stitches are beautiful when stitching. I do not see a reason in the bobbin area itself that would cause this issue. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Susan

Hi Susan,

I haven't done much stitching in manual mode....but what I do know is that as the needle is going up and down even when you are not moving the machine.....if several stitches are placed in the same spot ...the thread will knot and break.....the other thing I can think of, is are you bringing your bobbin thread to the top of the quilt before starting stitching and making sure the bobbin thread tail is out of the way......I broke a lot of thread when using manual mode as I would stop and think with the machine still stitching......Lin

Archived