I am about to put together an all batik (100% cotton) queen size top with a close weave 100% cotton backing ( much heavier then the top) for my son and wife called Circle dance. I have read many articles on batting and I am no wiser. However, with all my reading I have discovered that to make it cozy I need heIp. What would be the best batting for a floppy/flexable quilt that would be all season? Not to hot just warm.  I guess I mean  breathable. My son does not want it heavy either.  Should I consider changing the backing?

20170822_194205.jpg

Edited by beathbarb2l
Ignore previous post.

Quilter's Dream wool is my favourite batting.  Great quilting definition, soft, washable, and breathable. 

Gail Olfert

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of times our breath is taken away

hi,

I have done one batik quilt with Hobb's wool and it turned out great....light and flexible (batik is a bit firmer than regular quilting cotton)..and it has a nice little loft to it...I was planning on getting myself a roll of wool when I use up some of the 80/20 which I have two rolls of.....I really liked the wool....I quilt only for myself so it probably will take a while...

5 hours ago, dbams said:

I agree with Gail.  Quilter's Dream wool will give you all the qualities you want for your beautiful quilt.

I have heard a lot about Quilters Dream. I am definitely going to look at it Thank you so much 

On 03/10/2017 at 9:12 AM, sewingpup said:

hi,

I have done one batik quilt with Hobb's wool and it turned out great....light and flexible (batik is a bit firmer than regular quilting cotton)..and it has a nice little loft to it...I was planning on getting myself a roll of wool when I use up some of the 80/20 which I have two rolls of.....I really liked the wool....I quilt only for myself so it probably will take a while...

Thank you for your assistance. Have order Quilters Dream wool

On 03/10/2017 at 1:55 AM, beathbarb2l said:

I am about to put together an all batik (100% cotton) queen size top with a close weave 100% cotton backing ( much heavier then the top) for my son and wife called Circle dance. I have read many articles on batting and I am no wiser. However, with all my reading I have discovered that to make it cozy I need heIp. What would be the best batting for a floppy/flexable quilt that would be all season? Not to hot just warm.  I guess I mean  breathable. My son does not want it heavy either.  Should I consider changing the backing?

20170822_194205.jpg

Thank you so much everyone for your quick replies and help.

On 03/10/2017 at 9:12 AM, sewingpup said:

hi,

Thank you