I am about to put together an all batik (100% cotton) queen size top with a close weave 100% cotton backing ( much heavier then the top) for my son and wife called Circle dance. I have read many articles on batting and I am no wiser. However, with all my reading I have discovered that to make it cozy I need heIp. What would be the best batting for a floppy/flexable quilt that would be all season? Not to hot just warm.  I guess I mean  breathable. My son does not want it heavy either.  Should I consider changing the backing?

20170822_194205.jpg

hi,

I have done one batik quilt with Hobb's wool and it turned out great....light and flexible (batik is a bit firmer than regular quilting cotton)..and it has a nice little loft to it...I was planning on getting myself a roll of wool when I use up some of the 80/20 which I have two rolls of.....I really liked the wool....I quilt only for myself so it probably will take a while...

On 03/10/2017 at 9:12 AM, sewingpup said:

hi,

I have done one batik quilt with Hobb's wool and it turned out great....light and flexible (batik is a bit firmer than regular quilting cotton)..and it has a nice little loft to it...I was planning on getting myself a roll of wool when I use up some of the 80/20 which I have two rolls of.....I really liked the wool....I quilt only for myself so it probably will take a while...

Thank you for your assistance. Have order Quilters Dream wool

On 03/10/2017 at 1:55 AM, beathbarb2l said:

I am about to put together an all batik (100% cotton) queen size top with a close weave 100% cotton backing ( much heavier then the top) for my son and wife called Circle dance. I have read many articles on batting and I am no wiser. However, with all my reading I have discovered that to make it cozy I need heIp. What would be the best batting for a floppy/flexable quilt that would be all season? Not to hot just warm.  I guess I mean  breathable. My son does not want it heavy either.  Should I consider changing the backing?

20170822_194205.jpg

Thank you so much everyone for your quick replies and help.

On 03/10/2017 at 9:12 AM, sewingpup said:

hi,

Thank you

Archived