I am about to put together an all batik (100% cotton) queen size top with a close weave 100% cotton backing ( much heavier then the top) for my son and wife called Circle dance. I have read many articles on batting and I am no wiser. However, with all my reading I have discovered that to make it cozy I need heIp. What would be the best batting for a floppy/flexable quilt that would be all season? Not to hot just warm.  I guess I mean  breathable. My son does not want it heavy either.  Should I consider changing the backing? Attached a pic. Not using that red boader but a red and black print instead that is in the quilt. Thanks Barb

I have found that wool batting is great for almost any application.  It's light weight, quilts beautifully, and provides really nice loft.  Makes for a lovely quilt.  The only drawback I can think of is that it's more expensive than most other alternatives.  BTW, Hobbs says it shrinks less than their 80/20 cotton poly.  Jim

On 03/10/2017 at 2:04 PM, jimerickson said:

I have found that wool batting is great for almost any application.  It's light weight, quilts beautifully, and provides really nice loft.  Makes for a lovely quilt.  The only drawback I can think of is that it's more expensive than most other alternatives.  BTW, Hobbs says it shrinks less than their 80/20 cotton poly.  Jim

Thank you so much have ordered Quilters Dream wool from Fabric.com

Archived